Friday, May 04, 2007

"The Mormons"

I am posting this at both my blogs. I don't post often on religion as many are more articulate and complete on the subject. I have linked on this blog some great blogs on the subject of my religion and I will probably add more links as time goes on. My religion is very important to me and essential to my life. Thus, I feel it important to include this post here.

As a believing and practicing Mormon I have to take issue with the recent broadcast of "The Mormons" on PBS. I am surprised so many are calling this a thoughtful presentation of my Church and religion. The presentation missed so much. I found this article by Maurine Jensen Proctor to be a great response and to reflect my feelings on "The Mormons" quite well. I do not believe a responsible approach was taken in this production, not that I have a problem with the subjects that were touched on, but largely about what was left out and the lack of balance.

No comments: