Wednesday, September 27, 2006

2006 Tri-State Fair

My wife has out-done herself, again. Out of 20 entries this year she got 14 first place ribbons, 3 seconds and 2 thirds. Some ask how she has time to do it all. She just sews for our daughter (and occasionally for herself) and submits those items (there are other items as well, but most of the items are what my wife has sewn for our daughter). She started smocking a year or so ago and has been doing a lot of that in addition to her regular sewing, embroidery (of different kinds) and crafts (this year she made some dinosaur "hats" for our son's birthday party from paper mache (for some dinosaur relays) - of course, I couldn't enter my dinosaur pinata because...well, you know).

We're looking into ways she might be able to sell some of her work. It is hard to get a fair price for the work involved but the end product should be worth it to those looking for quality and detail.

2 comments:

Anne/kq said...

Wow! Congrats to your wife!

I won second place at the county fair for my age category when I was 13 for a quilt I made in sewing class and, sadly, haven't entered since. I think people who can discipline themselves to do that kind of stuff are awesome, though (other than quilts and the occasional self-designed piece of clothing or gift such as a purse, I get halfway through and tend to lose interest.)

Titus Todd said...

My wife truly enjoys it - mostly the satisfaction of seeing and using the finished product.