Wednesday, September 20, 2006

More Work by Christophe Carlier

Here is some more paintings by my cousin in Belgium, Christophe Carlier:

Le voyage à Caer Sidi ou La chute


The Voyage of Caer Sidi or The Fall is the translation I get. From what little I understand Caer Sidi is associated with Welsh legend and Camelot. I'll welcome any additional information or input on Caer Sidi as the internet sources mention it but don't explain it well.


Trilythe

Again, I believe this is associated with Welsh legend from what I gather from this article by Colette Bertot regarding these pieces and the overall gallery showing of Christophe's works (The Call of the Forest: Myths and Mysteries) in Brussells.
Christophe is teaching at Académie Constantin Meunier d'Etterbeek (the Constantin Meunier Academy in Etterbeek)

No comments: