Friday, September 29, 2006

Donuts for Dads

This morning was "Donuts for Dads" at my two sons' school. They do it every year and there is a good turn-out. I think it should be "Donuts with Dad" or, actually, "Donut with Dad" as everyone gets one donut (but the latter doesn't sound very good). I enjoyed sitting with my two sons eating a donut - to watch them and talk with them. Its hard to believe Cyrus will be going to Middle School next year and how much Alonzo is growing. Cyrus is a good kid when he isn't complaining about only getting one donut (and other things ;) ). Alonzo can be a good kid but succeeds less often than Cyrus but it is quite special when he is.

I would prefer muffins, especially chocolate ones, but the moms get that later in the school year (Muffins for Moms).

2 comments:

Anne/kq said...

If I was a mom at your school I'd be grumpy that my husband got a donut and all I got was a lousy muffin. ;)

Then again, I only eat Foster's Donuts anyway. And I have some right now! *runs off to eat a donut*

T. F. Stern said...

This made me think of an experience I had not long after I retired from the police dept. I was at a local car dealership and the manager walked in with a fresh box of donuts for all his sales people. He saw me and offered me a donut also. I declined, telling him that I was retired now and couldn't eat them. It got a laugh then.

Glad you had a chance to be involved with your kids at school. We had grandparents day a couple of weeks ago, lots of fun.