Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Isolation

Sometimes the thought of living in the middle of no where seems quite appealing. The world often gets quite annoying and not having to deal with it would be nice. Maybe I'm listening to too much talk/news radio. Too much politics. Too much bad news.

The logistics of living in the middle of no where may be difficult. I would want to be self-sufficient. Power generated from solar energy and possibly wind if no where is in the right place for that. I would want a greenhouse of some kind to help with growing a sufficient garden. There would be chickens for meat and eggs. As much as the family and I enjoy milk we would have to have a dairy cow. It would be nice to hunt for game to supply us with some meat but these days it is getting more difficult for the "common man" to find a place to hunt.

I would find it hard to depart with the internet as there is so much information to be found. It is also nice for sharing information. Somehow I would want to stay connected.

I believe I would be deceiving myself to think it would be as simple as it sounds. It would probably be difficult to find a piece of property for a decent price located in the middle of no where unless it was in the middle of nothing which is not what I want. I need some trees and would like to be close to mountains.

I will admit it is nice to whip around a corner or two for convenient shopping for convenient foods. I'm sure all the conveniences of living in or close to town would be missed after a short bit. Escaping the world would not be easy and maybe not the best way to deal with it? I pose that as question because I'm still working on a complete answer to that. At least I know it would be nice to have a cabin in the mountains for occasional escapes. When I'm well off. That so much sounds like never.

No comments: