Monday, October 16, 2006

Halloween MeMe

I've been tagged for a MeMe by KetchupQueen - something I've never heard of before but here I go (I hope I'm not too dull)!

1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I haven't seen too many scary movies. The most recent I have seen was The Grudge which was creepy. I prefer creepy over bloody. Another one that is fairly decent is Dark Water but I definitely did not like the end of that one.

2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood, and adulthood?

I honestly don't have any memorable costumes from my childhood and don't dress up these days (mostly a time issue). My wife does some excellent costumes for the kids (usually super heros these days). My daughter was a flower in a pot one year (her first halloween) - she was so cute! My oldest was a good Harry Potter that year while his brother was a dragon.

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?

For some reason I've always wanted to wear an authentic costume from the mid-1800s. I won't do it unless it is authentic. I also like medievel costumes as long as they don't involve tights.

4. When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating?

My fondest memories Trick or Treating was from when I was a kid in Idaho. We got so much candy (especially when I would go with a friend in addition to going with family). I don't recall going Trick or Treating after that here in Texas.

We don't take the kids Trick or Treating but take them to some various carnivals and such put on by organizations and churches (including our own Church Ward's "Fall Festival").

5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy?

I would have to say any of the miniature candy bars with Milky Way and Snickers being my favorite. Actually, anything chocolate is good.

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.

I don't have too many scary nightmares anymore. The worse is anything to do with my kids - like not being able to find them. As a kid my recurring nightmare was running away from a tiger and jumping off a cliff. I never got to the bottom but in a version I would have a rope tied around my waste and the nightmare would end with me dangling from a rope and a tiger falling toward me, teeth and claws bared.

7. What is your Supernatural Fear?

Can't think of one.

8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear?

Being attacked by an ant colony.

9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night.

I'll have to decline for the same reason KQ did on this one. I haven't seen or felt any friendly spirits, so the only other kind left are ones I don't want to dwell on.

10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?

It is pretty easy to say yes to this one as I don't reckon it will ever happen. I would want a big huge flashlight (preferably a 10 million candle power spotlight).

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?

I like to be creative. Sometimes a scene (ghosts in a cemetery one year) but usually a unique face of some kind.

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?

My wife does the decorating. We have more stuff each year (a couple items bought on clearance right after halloween). My wife tries to pass off the real spider webs as decorations but they were there way before halloween.

13. What do you want on your Tombstone?

Just the stats!

I am going to tag Mary (Tyro) for this MeMe and someone else if I come up with them (I'll let you know).

No comments: